Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Staycation

Mesh took last week off and we had a nice relaxing staycation and a couple overnight trips.

Stopped by the library to pick up the kids' summer reading reward...the super cool light up glasses are a big hit!



Brothers. Nate and Benny are just shy of 4 years apart and are now at the stage where they are starting to really enjoy playing together.  It melts my heart.

Our friend from college, Sarah "Cookie", was here from Boston for an ultimate tournament. The kids had a great time at the game and Riley has renamed several of her dolls Sarah and Princess Sarah.

 Redondo beach with Gramps after the game.

Mesh and I drove one hour east to Suncadia for a quiet night away. It was so peacful and relaxing, but we missed our sweet littles.
Not sure why I'm wearing a cardigan - it was 90 degrees.
My love at Swiftwaters winery at Suncadia.
After our night away in Suncadia, the kids wanted a vacation so we decided to go down to stay with Gramps for a night in Gig Harbor.


Taking a beautiful little hike (okay it was a walk, but with three young kids a long scenic walk = a hike) to a beach and play area in Mercer Island.




 Went back to our old neighborhood to feed the ducks.

Lots of love for Gramps.  He came to stay with us for a few nights this week while I started back at work.

Day dreaming.
Clearly Gramps took this one. Peace. 
Doc McStuffins is a big hit in this household.
Our trio.
Someone was a little tired after a full day of work! I am sad to see the summer coming to end but I love my job and I'm excited for a great school year ahead at work and for the kids. Plus, I only work part-time and have summers off so it's hard to complain!

No comments: