Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving in Calabasas

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Calabasas at Andy, Val and Sadie's house.

It's been a long time in the making but the Iyer kids are expert little travelers, all packing their own suitcases and lugging them around.  Each one of our babies was that baby who screamed on the plane, so I will always hold a special place in my heart for the plane screamers and their parents.  I flew home solo with the kids and new parents with a very sweet, beautiful 3-month old baby that did not like flying commented to me that my children were amazing on the plane and asked me what I did.  I told them how each of my three were louder and cried longer than their baby and that in time they would be in my shoes. We dreamed of this day and here we are, but I sure do miss that baby stage - though not when I'm on a plane! ;)

So here I am so proud of my travelers and then Ben decides to change in the airport while we were waiting to board the plane and that is when I discovered he had swapped out a lot of his clothes in favor of more bathing suits while I was at work.  Gotta love our Benny Ben!

beach babes

tidepools with Gramps

At Sadie's school to see her perform in the Thanksgiving assembly

You can take the boys out of Seattle but you can't take the Seattle out of the boys. (Also, you can't take too many pictures of the boys or they get annoyed.)

Millie was my running partner and the kids liked walking Callie to the mailbox.



Kindergarten cousins - Riley and Sadie are only three months apart.

Sleepover in Sadie's room

Turkey Trot at Sadie's school - Nate came in 6th place!
Thanksgiving day! Mesh came down just for 24 hours because he had to work.

Ben's first time fishing.


No comments: