Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September went by in a flash!

September went by in a flash! Our days were filled with school, soccer games, flag football, enjoying the lake, and fun with friends. 

I am working part-time again this year and since the kids are now all in elementary school, for the first time in 9 years I had a day to myself! This is how I spent my first morning - trail run and paddle boarding with Bruno. After these activities it was only 9 AM so I also cleaned the house and ran errands. It is a nice balance!
My birthday rocked thanks to the love from my family and friends. :) I turned 37 - my favorite number when I was a kid, so it's bound to be a great year!
First soccer games of the season! 

Mom and Nate 
Ez and Nate
deer in the yard
The kids found a fish that died eating another fish.
Nate and Ben are both playing flag football for the first time.
Randomly assigned Steph's favorite number. Love.
Watching Seahawks vs. Packers w/ Gramps
Between the 3 kids' schedules, we have soccer practice every day after school so we frequent Starbucks between school and soccer to get homework done.

I went with Nate on the 4th grade field trip to The Farm at Swan's Trail. The kids completed a scavenger hunt through a huge corn maze shaped like Washington state that included all the major highways in the state with landmarks while I ran behind them. :)  We came across WPPSS/WHOOPS - which was exciting for me because my dad spent years of his career on the WPPSS lawsuit.
goofballs
Nate doing a homework assignment online in googledocs with his classmates. Oh how times have changed since I was a 4th grader!
We have been lucky with great summer weather lasting through the month!

No comments: