My brother Andy and Uncle Phil are training for the Iron Man in Lake Placid next summer and we are going for a family reunion to cheer them on. About 2 weeks ago when my mom was here, I decided I would not be able to go and just watch...so I signed up too! Now the only problem is I am not a strong swimmer (I swim with the kids but have never gone swimming for exercise) and I haven't ridden a bike outside of spin class in a couple years. The good news is that I love to run and I have 11 months to train. Due to the NW weather, there is a triathlon season here and it is coming to an end very soon so w/ just 2 weeks of training, I decided a few nights ago that I would do a sprint triathlon today. I learned a lot including that I have lots of work to do on the swim, I desperately need a bike (using Mesh's bike that hadn't been ridden in a year was tough but got me through) and that I love this crazy sport! Mesh had to work and the tri had an early start about an hour from home, so I had told my dad and kids not to come. However, after I came out of the swim I had an amazing surprise of them waiting for me! They were the best cheerleaders and motivation to keep on moving!
My silly selfies before the race started that I took for the kids because I didn't know they were coming. :)
![]() |
| Such an amazing surprise when I saw the kids and my dad! |
My journey has just begun!








No comments:
Post a Comment