We traveled to Victoria, B.C. this weekend for the IronMan 70.3. It was my first half IronMan (and third triathlon ever) and Andy's fourth half IronMan. It was awesome and a great step towards the full IronMan in July. I was most proud that I completed the swim without feeling anxious. I jumped right in and kept on going for 1.2 miles, then on to a 56 mile bike ride followed by a half marathon. Whew! It was amazing to have my kids, Mesh and our dad there cheering us on!
 |
| On the Victoria Clipper on our way to Canada! |
 |
| Friday night in Victoria. |
 |
| Saturday morning-the day before the race - on our way to the IronMan Village to check in and do a practice swim in the lake. |
 |
| At check in - so much fun spending the day with my brother Andy. I'm so glad he talked me into training for the full IronMan and doing the half IronMan as part of our training. |
 |
| The Iron Kids run - the main event on Saturday! |
 |
| testing out the water on Saturday |
 |
| The big day - surveying the crowd before we got in line for the swim. Boy was I nervous! |
 |
| My face says it all - I was so proud that I overcame my anxiety and completed the swim. I came out and shouted, "I did it! I finished the swim!" |
 |
| I caught up to Andy on the run - so fun to see each other on the course! |
No comments:
Post a Comment