This weekend is all about Nate! He celebrated his First Communion tonight and tomorrow Nate the Great turns Eight!
I clearly remember driving home from the hospital with our newborn eight years ago and breaking out into tears in the backseat of the car as I held onto Nate's tiny foot. Mesh asked what was wrong and I said someday he is going to grow up and someone is going to hurt him and we are not always going to be there to protect him. Eight years later I wish I could hold that new mother's hand and tell her that everything is going to be alright. (I'd even play her No Woman, No Cry…Bob Marley always does calm me down.) I'd tell her there are going to be days he comes home and tells you he was chosen last for a game, was teased, was hurt by a friend, or that he made some bad choices and hurt someone else. But it's okay because he knows he always has his family to come home to. A family and God that will love him unconditionally and a family and God that will always be in his heart. Happy First Communion and Happy Birthday young man. You have changed my heart, mind and body forevermore and it won't be until you are a father that you will ever begin to know how much your dad and I love you.
| Andy, Val, Noni, Meg, Ramesh Riley, Nate, Sadie, Ben |
![]() |
| Nate and his godparents - Auntie Val and Uncle Andy |













No comments:
Post a Comment