Sunday, May 31, 2015

OWS Camp Seymour Family Camp

When I was a kid, I went to Camp Seymour for sleepover camp a few summers in a row, went with my school for 5th grade camp, and then went back in high school to be a camp counselor for my elementary school's 5th grade camp.  So…I was more than excited to take the kids to Camp Seymour with their elementary school. The school sponsors a family camp weekend there every year. We were unable to attend last year but we made up for it this year by doing all the activities offered: hiking, archery, arts and crafts, reptile room, pool, climbing wall, zipline, canoeing, street hockey, water balloon toss and fight, the german stairs and dippy (early morning run around the camp and jump in the Puget Sound - same tradition from when I was little), Pinhuck (like capture the flag), s'mores, campfire, movie under the stars, and staying in a cabin with several other families.  Ramesh was not able to go so I had my hands full…there may have been one (okay two!) instances when Mr. Indepdent Ben wandered off and I had to have all the camp employees looking for him.  I was that crazy mom running around camp screaming "Where's Ben? Ben Iyer come here RIGHT NOW!" Ben might have thought he was a third grade boy this weekend - staying up and playing with the big boys. :) We all had a great time and came home very, very tired.

Getting the campfire started on Friday night.
Carrie and I having fun at campfire.
movie night
Playing street hockey late into the night…notice little Ben out there!

The dining hall had hot chocolate available at all times - that's my kind of place!
We all did the early morning run on the first day, only Nate did it on the second day. 


Nate was the brave one who also did the early morning dippy!  He did the run and dippy both days so he got the "comando" toe (bead) for his camp necklace.
The boys of our cabin…minus Ben, who was probably out running around.

Love those first grade girls!








Aidan, Nate and Akshay in line for the zipline. 


 



Jason and Nate enjoying camp food.


Pinhuck! Nate was on the other team and wouldn't stand still for a picture. This was my favorite part of camp - so much fun playing with the kids!
Aidan and Nate after their final dippy - they were recognized with the Comando pin!
beach walk

No comments: