Monday, February 26, 2018

Arizona Adventure Part 2 - Sedona

Next stop - Sedona!  We stayed at the Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock and it was a great resting place between hikes. We hiked, enjoyed the pool, went on an amazing Pink Jeep tour, star gazed and met up with soccer friends.  Sedona-we will be back!



We loved the Hilton - notice Ben is wearing his new hat that we picked up at a gas station on the way to Sedona. :)

I'm pretty sure I was glutened at lunch and it resulted in a pretty bad drive and rest of the day for me - having celiac disease can make traveling/eating out hard but I bounced back! (Note-I am actually writing this in June and back date the posts. It was while we were staying in Sedona that I noticed my bicep tightening up - the first signs of the DVT/blood clot that was discovered in March. As I was going to sleep one night I thought "What if my arm tightening is a blood clot?" and brushed it off because I had just been sick and felt like a hypochondriac.)


Chapel of the Holy Cross


Bell Rock hike




Bell Rock





Warming up at the hotel with a giant game of Scrabble.

Walking off the beaten path with friends!

Ready for the star gazing tour - it was freezing but we bundled up under blankets on lawn chairs, listened as astronomers pointed out the constellations of the night sky and looked at stars up close through high powered telescopes.

Cathedral Rock hike with friends







Pink Jeep tour with friends - our guide was the best!!







We stopped at Montezuma Castle on the way to Phoenix. Our proud 4th grader showed off her free National Parks pass that all 4th graders get. She got us in for free (wish I would have remembered this for the Grand Canyon).

Montezuma Castle

No comments: