Turns out becoming an IronMan really did change me forever! After the blood clot returned for a third time, I had my first rib removed on April 16th. Doctors believe that my swim training last year created a smaller space between my clavicle and first rib. Something tweaked it in February and caused the vein to be compressed-thus the clots. It has been a scary 6 weeks - I am beyond blessed with loving family and friends and awesome medical care.
#IMLP #gonnasticktorunning #turning40inseptember #endingmy30swithabang

![]() |
| Me feeling pure joy after finishing the 2.4 mile swim of the Lake Placid IronMan in July2017. One of the best days of my life...but no more long distance swims or IronMans for me after this ordeal! |
| Mom on duty - home from the hospital and grocery shopping with my blood drain from rib removal surgery. |
| Crazy scar in my armpit. So thankful for this procedure! |

When you are recovering from having a rib removed and your sons ask you to please add highlights to their hair even though you have no clue what you are doing-you do it. Looking good boys! The 90’s are back! We have decided that only good decisions are made while taking pain medicine. The boys love it. I just asked them to jump and throw a punch to the side and say “bye bye bye” and they have no idea what I am talking about.


No comments:
Post a Comment