Thursday, December 20, 2018

That darn blood clot!

The first day of Winter Break was an eventful one - I had one more angioplasty and then we flew to Las Vegas! Yep-you read that right. On Monday I had my 6 months post-op from having my rib removed and the ultrasound showed I still had a small clot left in the vein so the vascular surgeon suggested one last angioplasty to blast it out.  I didn't want to have to miss the Kieffer family reunion in Vegas so the kids and I kept our flights for this evening and Gramps changed his flights to fly with us. (Thank you dad!) Ramesh will be coming after work on Friday.  Hoping to leave this all behind in 2018!

The clot - check out all those collateral veins that formed to circumvent the clot. The body is miraculous. 
Angioplasty time!

Afterwards - notice that the collaterals fade into the background once the main vein is open.

Came home, napped for 4 hours, and then flew to Vegas!

Surprised the kids at the Vegas airport with their first limo ride!


The Venetian


No comments: