Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Camping Trip

The kids have been begging to go camping...even Ben was persistent with his sweet high-pitched "I go camping in a tent mama.  I roast mellows mama."  Who can resist that? Not this lady.  So for Father's Day I planned a night of camping in Leavenworth, WA.  This allowed us to "hike" to a river, sleep in a tent and make s'mores (all on the kids must do list), but also venture into the quaint Bavarian tourist town for dinner.  But don't think for a moment we were "glamping"...we were sleeping on rocks y'all and it did not make for a good night's sleep.  

Road trip! Lunch at a side of the road burger joint.
Gotta love our pop up tent!
Ready for a swim at the very cold pool.
Happy Father's Day Mesh and Dad! We love you!
Our boys
Ready for bed...or not!
My view made it easy to count my blessings! :) 

Highlights from the trip:
-Coming home from dinner and Gramps saying "Um, where's the roof of my tent?" We did find it!

-Ben too busy having fun to sleep.  Ri and Nate knocked out around 9:00pm and come 10:15, Ben was still chatting away and roaming around the tent.  I had drifted in and out and without opening my eyes I told Mesh that if he would just ignore Ben, the little guy would probably fall asleep pretty soon.  Then I opened my eyes and saw that Ben had a flashlight about 2 inches from Mesh's eyeball and was turning it on and off...LOL!!  I guess that would be pretty hard to ignore.  :)

It was fun, but I'm glad it was only for one night!  I'm thinking it will be easier once Ben is a little older but our first camping trip (not counting the backyard) will always be a cherished memory. 

No comments: