Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Nate says goodbye to kindergarten!

Our boy is done with Kindergarten.  Wow.  It seems like just the other day we were driving home from the hospital with our newborn and I was sitting in the backseat next to him crying because someday he was going to go off to school and someone might be mean to him.  I couldn't stand the thought (and yes I know my thinking was muddled from all the hormones!).  What I wasn't realizing at the time was how proud I would be to see my son venture out into a world of his own on his first day of kindergarten.  Yes, there were some hard days this year, but most were great and it is beyond amazing to watch him blossom into his own person.  Change is becoming less and less hard as I am so thrilled to be along for this wild ride of being a mama.  Every day is a blessing and as the kids get older, I'm less stressed about steering the ship and more aware of how powerful and beautiful it is when they are allowed to take the wheel.  Is that too similar to a Carrie Underwood song?!  Whatever, I'm a sap. ;)
Nate on his last day of Kindergarten, holding a picture of himself from the first day of Kindergarten! My how the time has flown!

Last Friday, the Kindergarten classes celebrated the end of the school year with a field day.  So much fun!







No comments: